Wednesday, November 11, 2009

walking spree

i walked the one hour walk from South Infirmary Victoria University Hospital (saja bagi nama penuh hospital ni...panjangggg bangat) back to my house in Bishopstown again. Faimee and Evelyn made me do it. sigh.

and i'm going to Kak Amy's place later tonight to present a patient's history to her. i presented another case to Aiman (...or should i say, Dr. Aiman) this afternoon, and it wasn't too bad. but that's only because i was the last one among us three to do it, and he was ready to go back to his work by then. he picked on Faimee a lot because Faimee didn't know what most of his patient's medications are for (i didn't even have my one's drug list- completely forgot to look at her charts).

When Dr Aiman asked us what are the side effects of taking ACE inhibitor, the answer 'hypotension' got stuck in my throat, as per usual. i wanted to kick myself when he mentioned it as the most important side effect, so i managed to miraculously say another side effect out loud and not just in my brain; hyperkalemia. phew.

it's one thing, knowing the right answer, saying it is a completely different thing. for me, at least. i'm a wuss.

gotta learn how to be more confident, Atiqah.

bye now!

No comments: