Friday, November 20, 2009

all thanks to the rain.

Yesterday I woke up to the sound of the wind howling and rain smashing on my window. It was a chilly winter day as usual, but the rain is something else. True, the rain in nothing new in Ireland, but I think the last time it rained like that over here is 3 years ago.

I sat on my bed, hesitating to emerge from the comforts of my duvet. I pulled the curtains away and squinted my eyes to see how bad the weather is...and saw that our big black wheelie bin has flown all the way to the middle of the backyard.

...so I skipped the hospital yesterday because I don't feel like braving through the heavy rain. ngahah. I wasn't learning anything anyway...the anaesthetics in the South sucks at teaching (except Rajiv, but Faimee dah bgtau Rajiv kelmarin yang esoknya dia nak datang lagi...huk2. minggu depan Atiq nak gi awal gile pastu cop theatre yang ada Rajiv *impian*)

But today is a different story. The sky is bright and blue by half past 8 and so I went out and headed towards campus for my 9am class. Halfway there, I met Wany who yelled at me from across the street;

'ATIQ, CAMPUS BANJIR!! KELAS SEMUA CANCEL!!!!'

Pergh. Those were probably the best words I've ever heard being yelled at me from across the street ever. Hehe.

Anyway it's not THAT much fun...because they're saying tomorrow's going to be heavy rainfall again, and the weather forecast is almost always right sbb alam sekitar kan ikut sunnatullah, so boleh predict2...hmmm. Habisla mesti trapped dalam rumah lagi tomorrow.



...I wonder, adakah ini satu peringatan dari Allah...?~

أَلَمْ يَرَوْاْ كَمْ أَهْلَكْنَا مِن قَبْلِهِم مِّن قَرْنٍ مَّكَّنَّاهُمْ فِي الأَرْضِ مَا لَمْ نُمَكِّن لَّكُمْ وَأَرْسَلْنَا السَّمَاء عَلَيْهِم مِّدْرَارًا وَجَعَلْنَا الأَنْهَارَ تَجْرِي مِن تَحْتِهِمْ فَأَهْلَكْنَاهُم بِذُنُوبِهِمْ وَأَنْشَأْنَا مِن بَعْدِهِمْ قَرْنًا آخَرِينَ

Apakah mereka tidak memperhatikan berapa banyaknya generasi-generasi yang telah Kami binasakan sebelum mereka, padahal (generasi itu), telah Kami teguhkan kedudukan mereka di muka bumi, yaitu keteguhan yang belum pernah Kami berikan kepadamu, dan Kami curahkan hujan yang lebat atas mereka dan Kami jadikan sungai-sungai mengalir di bawah mereka, kemudian Kami binasakan mereka karena dosa mereka sendiri, dan kami ciptakan sesudah mereka generasi yang lain. (6:6)


hishk. Mari tingkatkan ibadah di awal bulan Zulhijjah ni...pahala macam orang pergi jihad.


more news here

No comments: