Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I have moved into Wilton Jaya

Hey, blog.

Almost immediately after my last summer paper, I took out my Things-to-do booklet and wrote a long list. The bottom of it read: 'Pack! Move! Unpack!'.

...and moved I have. This is my fourth house in Cork, and after living in the previous house for two years, I have completely forgotten how much of a pain moving houses is. I nearly went crazy.

I OWN SO MUCH CRAP.

Everything seem to be a bottomless pit of doom when I was packing, more and more things just kept coming out of my wardrobe and drawers. It wasn't an easy feat, moving into a room with half the amount of storage as my previous one. But I did it, and here I am blogging in my new room!

I must admit, though, I really shouldn't be complaining about this room because it's the second biggest in the house, and the only one with a double bed :D I've been pretty lucky because I always get the big rooms.

It's kind of funny living in Wilton Jaya (dubbed such due to the huge number of Malaysians renting here) because I can hear people walking past, chatting in Malay and I bump into my friends all the time. Bishopstown was a really good neighborhood and that house is pretty freaking epic,but we were literally the only Malaysians there. No idea why there aren't more people living there, it's not that different distance-wise from college.

In other news, I'm heading to Dublin tomorrow to A. Meet with the MARA Officer to appeal for scholarship for final year, and B. Attend Lynn and Amin's conferring. I can't believe they're graduating medical school! Time really do fly...I started writing this blog in first year! Wow. Just...wow.

Anyway. That's the update. Now you know :)

xoxo
Atiqah

No comments: