Saturday, May 28, 2011

animal cruelty

Last summer, there's this kitten that appeared out of nowhere, Awah just picked it up from under our pokok pauh to save it from the massive kerenggas that was swarming it. Because everyone else was squeamish, I ended up being the one to pluck the ants off one by one (they were holding on to it pretty strong). She was so small and looked so fragile, and her fur was similar to Ngiau's, so us being the creative bunch that we are, named her Mini Ngiau.

At first all was fine, even though Ngiau hated her and kept on sekeh-ing her head everytime she gets close, Ngiau would still share her food with her. Well, with our supervision of course. However, Mini Ngiau was too small and wasn't potty-trained. She kept passing stool on the mozaic even though she lived outside the house and the sand was literally just one meter away from her. To be fair though, she was really young and she still couldn't quite figure out how to jump across the small longkang that separated her from the sand.

I, being the one who's on a three month summer holiday, assumed the job of cleaning her kitten stool every-single-day, and the fact that she seemed to be on constant diarrhoea didn't help this at all. Ngiau was already potty-trained when we found her (/she found us) and she was our first cat ever, so we haven't a clue on how to potty-train a little kitten.

Ngiau has always been my cat and Mini Ngiau was my little sisters' favourite because she's prettier and her kitty-antics were hilarious. As the days passed on, I grew more and more annoyed of the fact that I had to clean up after her everyday, and decided that it's time to abandon her at the nearby pasar.

I know, I'm a horrible person :(

The kids hated me for a few days for doing that, but I just can't keep on washing after her every day and Dad would definitely get mad at us if I didn't.

I feel so selfish T________________________T

My youngest sister told me she saw Mini Ngiau when she went to the pasar one time, and it really, really made me sad just thinking about malnourished and tiny Mini Ngiau trying to survive the intimidating crowd of people and bigger street cats.

It breaks my heart. I feel especially guilty upon finding out that kittens can't process regular milk, they have to get lactose-free milk, or else they'll get diarrhoea. I was giving Ngiau the regular milk, and Mini Ngiau always shared the same one :( :( All the while it was my ignorance that caused her the diarrhoea.

Serious rasa bersalah gila and everytime teringat Mini Ngiau pun takut Allah marah sebab buat kucing macam tu, huhuhu.

Mini Ngiau, I sincerely hope you're doing fine :(


Atiqah

No comments: