Friday, May 7, 2010

with no point what so ever

It was sunny outside the building as I walked down the stairs in my white coat, the grey/green stethoscope hanging loosely around my neck. Walking through a whole crowd of my classmates, all loudly and animatedly telling stories about how their respective OSCEs went, I found a vacant spot to throw all my stuff down and lazily changed into my light spring coat. Nathan, Carol, Emma and Bilal were all close by, exhaling exasperated breathes among them about the 'Tired All the Time' history taking station. I gave a polite smile and threw in a few sentences before gathering up my things again and waving them goodbye.

I don't know why I felt so forlorn. The OSCEs went grand for me. If Allah allows it, I will at least get a pass. I've done worse in previous OSCEs and get 2nd class honors for it. This is the Summer OSCE, however, so marking criterias must be tougher.

I was walking down College Road with my head hanging down (I don't know why!), in a defeated attitude, almost. The pedestrian lights were red when I reached O'Dennehy's cross. I stood there, shifting my weight to my (shorter) left leg because I'm always putting more weight on my right one. My eyes were squinting when I looked up, because the bright summer sun was shining directly at me. It was then that I saw a very pretty sight across the road.

There was a school girl, clad in a blue sweater, blue short skirt, and black leggings (that's the uniform for the local all girls school), with her long pale blond hair softly dancing with the wind. She was standing beneath a tall cherry blossom tree in full bloom, and its small pink flowers were slowly falling on her. I just stood there and stared at how pretty this sight was, and was slightly startled when the pedestrian light turned green and began to beep.

It made me feel slightly better...until I walked into Wilton Road and saw that the dead little bird I saw there 3 days ago are still lying there on the sidewalk.

That killed it.

No comments: