Thursday, May 13, 2010

can you believe it?

I flew over here about four years ago, slightly pissed about getting UCC and not Galway (and then realizing that UCC has a better medical school than NUIG) or at least Dublin where literally ALL my friends are. I wasn't close to anyone here, things were amazingly awkward with Syakur who hated me to the death, I couldn't understand what the HELL the locals are on about (Cork - worst Irish accent ever), and I struggled with nearly every single aspect of life - religion, friendship, love life, self esteem, school.

Fast forward to 2010, I'm still here, breathing, and not having any idea how I made it.

I might not be that exceptional person, and I do have a whole list of flaws that I'm not proud of and is still working on, but good God, how far have I come? I'm on the summer break of my third year, and it feels like I have grown so much as a person.

Truth be told, I am a little nervous about my finals because I did not fly through it and I do not have a list of honors in my continuous assessment like I did last year to save my sorry arse, but whatever happens, I'm going to push through, insyaAllah.

For the time being, I feel content.

And please do pray that I pass my summer exams so I can stay home longer in Ramadhan...I would appreciate it like you cannot imagine and I need it so, so much.

I haven't kissed my Mama on Aidilfitri for four years in a row.


Atiqah
Bishopstown, Cork
Republic of Ireland

No comments: